As a German-American I have lived major portions of my life in both countries gaining professional working experience in the industry in both countries. As a child I moved to the United States with my family, completing high-school, college and university there and finishing up with a master's degree (M.P.A) from the George Washington University. First professional experience I gathered in the United States with a regional economic development association in Pennsylvania marketing the region and providing market-entry consulting advice to European and German companies.
Through my international working experience in industry and commerce I have become sensitized to the requirements imposed by communicating correctly in English on an international scale.
With my professional training and service in English & Intercultural communication and translations I have been addressing this need on a corporate basis for internationally – oriented business people as a trainer and translator since 2007. I can complement my international teaching experience with a Cambridge – 'Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages'(CELTA).
- 1977 - 1981 University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa - Bachelor of Science-Psychology
- 1982 - 1984 George Washington University, Washington DC - Master Public Ad./School of Business/Public Management
- 2006 Hamburg School of English- Cambridge-CELTA-Zertifikat 'Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages'
Professional working experience:
- 1985 - 1989 Penn Southwest Association, Pittsburgh, PA-USA
Marketing Manager for the regional economic development association in southwestern Pennsylvania
- 1990 - 1994 Bayer AG, Leverkusen
- 1990 - 1991 PR work for company's international newsletter
- 1991 - 1994 Research Analyst-Regional Coordination-International Economic Relations
- 1995 Consultant/Trainer
- 1996 - 2006 Leipzig Trade Fair (Messe)
- 1996 - 2001 Marketing Assistant at Congress Center Leipzig
- 2001 - 2006 Project Manager/Market Analyst at Corporate Development Department
- 2007 - Today: Trainer for Business English/Intercultural Consulting and Translator